Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A year ago today.....

.... we found out we were being blessed with a little GIRL!  My heart skipped a beat when the ultrasound technician showed your stuff to me.  Do you know what Daddy's response was? "Well, now I can go get that gun!"  Mommy still says NO GUNS!!!!!

Since I found out I was going to be the Mother to a Daughter my life has changed ten fold.  Since I have always been much more of a tom-boy rather than a girlie-girl, so many thoughts were running through my head!

*What if she wants to play with Barbies?  How do I tell her that they are degrading to women and is what is wrong with the main stream society that we live in?  No, honey - you don't need to be a toothpick with big boobs, and the latest fashion trends.  Dolls I'm good with - Barbies not so much.  This is a fear I will hold onto until I know she is out of the Barbie playing age.

*What if all she wants to wear are frilly little dresses and big bows in her hair and her entire closet is filled with the color I like the least - PINK???   I was hoping for a cargo pocket wearing, tank top, sneaker kind of chick.  Well, this thought has changed.  The more I look around at the girly clothes, the more I love them.  Yes, you heard it here first.  Punky has some great pink and very girly clothes that I just absolutely love dressing her in.

*What if she cries every time she gets hurt like girls normally do?  UGH!  I want to raise a tough cookie who isn't super fragile and can wrestle with the best of them.  Well, so far I have gotten my wish on this one.  She fledges full force this girl!  There is no stopping her, unless she is tired and happens to catch her knee on a block or something.  Then, the wailing starts.  But nothing Mommy cuddles can't fix.

So many what if's.  And guess what?  It doesn't matter one little bit, because Delaney Grace is here in all her glory and she is absolutely perfect in every single way.  I am extremely proud, lucky, blessed...to be her Mommy and I wouldn't change it for a million dollars.  She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I love her more than I can ever adequately express with words.

Some pictures of when she was brand new.  She has gotten so big!

No comments: