Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fired Up!!!!!

No, not me.  My baby has her very first viral infection.  She is running a temperature and spitting up.  Poor little munchkin.  As a Mommy, I feel as though my heart is literally being ripped out.  Yeah, yeah, yeah I know - add a little more drama why don't you, Ang?  But, seriously!!!  I feel so helpless.  There is only so much you can do when your baby is sick.

Needless to say it was a very sleepless night for both of us but it's amazing the natural adrenaline your body gives off when your child needs you.  I would have been willing to hug her and rock her all night long if that's what she wanted.  She was more ticked off that her sleep had been disrupted by the evil temperature monster.  Girlfriend loves her night time sleep!

I took her to the doctor's office this morning.  They have a walk-in clinic available every day from 8-8:45 which is just fantastic for days like this.  The doc told me basically she will get worse before she gets better and it can take up to 5 days for it to run its course.

She has been handling it like the champ that she is.  When she didn't want to have anything to do with her solids this morning, I knew she wasn't feeling well.  My baby LOVES to eat!

She is napping now, thank goodness so I am off to disinfect all of the toys she has been playing with and wash all of the blankets.  A reason for me to clean?  Twist my arm, why don't you?

Until next time....

No comments: