Friday, September 17, 2010

Almost to the big ONE!

In 13 days ( but who's counting? ), my little Punky will be an entire year old!  It's utterly amazing to me.  Before I drench the computer keyboard in my tears, I will stop myself.  I will blog more then and reflect on the most amazing year of my life.

Lately, Delaney thinks she is by far the funniest person EVER!  I know I've said this before, but now that she is using words, cute faces, signs, and other forms of communication (like picking her nose, smearing yogurt in her hair, and attempting to undress herself when she has a dirty diaper) she definitely thinks she is some super funny Miss Thang.

She has figured out how to escape out of the play room.  You see, there is this small gap in the gate that she found out if she steps through it just so she can be free to wreck havoc on the rest of our house.  Needless to say we ordered a new gate.  If we didn't I would also be having other people's children running amuck on our abode as well.

The tupperware cabinet is still her favorite.  She can have it emptied completely in mere seconds.  Then she moves onto the bottom drawer in the kitchen where I keep the aprons, rolling pins, and trivets.  Yep, all over the floor.  Now, she moves onto the pantry.  Guess what?  Yep, all over the place.

Poor Brady - the door to the laundry room (where we keep his bowls) is locked more often than unlocked these days. We have found so much kibble in Punky's mouth that I don't understand how she possibly even stuffs that much in there.  I don't get grossed out by much, but this for some reason really grosses me out!  The brown drool that comes out of her mouth is what gets me every time.  Onto the bathroom - she loves lifting the toilet seat and unrolling the toilet paper.  GREAT!  The talking potty that she is in there for herself is apparently not entertainment enough.

All of the above completely cracks her up.  As well as when she is going to feed me a piece of her food and then quickly takes it away with a devilish grin on her face.  She wants me to say "sike out" and then tickle her.  Of course then it becomes the game for the rest of meal time.

And who could forget that she has now realized that she can splash water all over herself, Mommy, and the bathroom floor while taking a bath.  When I am washing her hair, she nearly throws a fit when water gets on her face, but when she does it from the crazy splashing episode, all is good.  Hmmm?

But, at the end of the day, I am laughing right along with her because she IS so funny and I am so blessed to have such a free spirited little chica on my hands.  AND she has finally decided to call me MOMMY instead of dada, doggy, daddy, baby, or whatever else rolls off her tongue.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

LOVE IT ALL! Apparently Colin threw the most random assortments of objects in mom and dad's toilet one night for no reason. Watch out ;)

Miss you!